Things to do in Minneapolis
Welcome to Minneapolis. Whether you're passing through, or staying for a while, our brilliant city offers a variety of activities. Enjoy your time with us, and check out our list of the fun things to do in Minneapolis during your stay.
- Chain of Lakes - Feeling like you need to step out and get some fresh air? Take a walk; go for a run, or a bike ride around the Chain of Lakes. Visit lakes like Lake Harriet, Lake Calhoun, Lake of the Isles and more.
- Brit's Pub - Whether it’s winter or summer, Brit’s Pub has something for the whole family. Stop by and enjoy happy hour by the fire, or play an exciting game of lawn bowling- all while you overlook the city of Minneapolis! In the evening, Brit’s is the place to be.
- Minnehaha Falls - This breathtaking park is popular for various festivities and weddings! See the views of Minnehaha Falls during the winter, when low temperatures cause the falls to freeze- creating a cascade of ice.
- Grand Rounds Scenic Byway - Take the day- go for a drive around the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway. Visit all of the surrounding districts that make up the beautiful loop. The Grand Rounds is 50.1 miles around. From historic recreational parks to parks with city views, you’ll love this beautiful drive.
- First Avenue Theater - Enjoy a show at the historic First Avenue Theater- Minneapolis’ downtown danceteria since 1970! With a small venue like this, you’re never far from the entertainer. Everyone should go at least once.
- Twins Game at Target Field - Take me out to the ballgame. Enjoy a night at Target Field, home of the Minnesota Twins- right in the heart of Downtown Minneapolis. The exciting and upbeat environment will keep you entertained all day or night.
- Mill City Museum - Visit what once was the world’s largest flour mill. Mill City Museum is conveniently located right on the riverfront. Learn all about the history of the city of Minneapolis, the river, and the flour industry.
- Mall of America - Tax-free shopping! More than 400 stores and hosting between 35 to 40 million visits yearly, the Mall of America is easily one of the largest shopping malls in the world.
- Juicy Lucy - Enjoy one of Minneapolis’ best kept secrets- the Juicy Lucy cheeseburger. The cheese is surrounded by the burger patty, and after it's cooked, it results in a molten core of cheese. Delicious and a must-try.
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden - The unique garden spans an 11-acre park in Minneapolis. It is one of the largest urban sculpture gardens in the country! The park offers exceptional art perspective in winter and summer.